Sew-Simple-Scrappy...pumpkins


Sew Simple....

I'm making pumpkins over here...because tis the season and it's one of my favorite Fall things! 


I gathered up some fabrics and made 2½" strips & squares. Then I just mixed it all together and created a square, 9 pumpkin block, lap quilt. The pumpkin blocks are 10 ½" and I added 2½" & 3" borders using strips and squares.


It ends up with four patches on the corners, 2", 3" & the finished corners at 6" to join my patchwork at the top and bottom.


I have the final border to sew and this is ready for quilting. With a big pumpkin centered on the back. I love making the backs of my quilts with some patchwork. It's fun to continue the design on the other side in another layout & get two looks within one quilt. This one will finish at around 65" square.


I can't wait to get this done! It's going to be so crinkly and soft and will make the perfect throw in one of my sitting room chairs. 
The pumpkin pin cushion is up next....A Tilda pattern, that I discovered makes the perfect pumpkin munchkin.

Happy Sewing.....

1 comment:

  1. Look at all of those orange fabrics. This is a really cute pattern - a great tutorial with sizes. And a super cute pumpkin pin cushion, too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a Little Note here makes me Smile